What Are They?
Polyimide films are anything but ordinary. These films are engineered for long-term performance at extreme temperatures between -450° F to over 500° F over extended periods of time. So, obviously, thermal stability is a major benefit, which is why this film is so widely used in aerospace, electronics, and electrical industries when a high temperature material is required. Polyimide films possess a unique combination of properties that make it ideal for a variety of applications in a variety of different industries.
Features and benefits:
- The ability of these films to maintain their tremendous physical, electrical, and mechanical properties over a wide temperature range immensely reduces the need for rework, helping to enable high productivity out of this product.
- Dimensionally stable at high temperatures, which helps reduce rework, helping to enable high productivity.
- Flame retardant, chemical and radiation resistant which helps protect surfaces to help reduce replacement costs.
Popular Polyimide Products
Kapton® Polyimide Films
DuPont™ Kapton® polyimide films have set the industry standard for over 45 years in high performance, reliability and durability, with a unique combination of electrical, thermal, chemical and mechanical properties that withstand extreme temperature, vibration and other demanding environments.
Click Here to view the official data sheet for Kapton®.
3M™ Polyimide Film Tape
3M™ Polyimide Film Tape 5413 with DuPont™ Kapton® polyimide film and silicone adhesive is used for PCB solder masking and other high temperature applications. This product is amber colored and 2.7 mil (69 microns) thick.
Click Here to view the official data sheet for this product.
Common Applications using Polyimide Films
Polyimide films can be used in a variety of electrical and electronic insulation applications including:
- Wire and cable tapes
- Substrates for flexible printed circuits
- Motor slot liners
- Transformer and capacitor insulation
- Magnetic and pressure-sensitive tapes
- Dielectric Gaskets
- Thermal Barriers
- Heat Sink Pads
- Automotive Sensors
- Circuit Board Insulation
Polyimide films are a highly convertible material, making it easy for us to custom fabricate. This material can be cut, slit, and laminated into virtually any shape imaginable. SRP’s Processing Capabilities for Polyimide Films include: Die Cutting, Flash Cutting, Rotary Die Cutting, Waterjet Cutting, Laser Cutting, and Laminating.
If you have any questions or inquiries concerning closed cell sponge, please do not hesitate to call us at 847-593-5630, or email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have, or assist you in assuring you are choosing the right materials.