Norseal® Silicone Foam Rubber For A Variety of Applications
Norseal® silicone foam rubber provides excellent flame retardance (UL 94 V-0) with low toxicity and smoke generation in a conformable expanded cellular material.
Norseal F-12 has a modified cell structure and is produced in a low density for light gasketing and insulation applications.
Norseal F-20 has a finer cell structure (closed cell) and produced in a medium density for Mass Transit and Transportation applications.
Available thicknesses range from 1/32” (0.8mm) to 1” (25.4mm). The standard color is gray for both F-12 and F-20, but other options like white and black are available, with minimum quantity requirements.
- Flame retardant UL 94 V-0 in thickness ≥ 1/16” (1.59mm)
- Passes key industry standards like FAR 25.853, Bombardier SMP 800-C, NFPA 130
- Passes requirements of FDA extractables 21.CFR177.2600 – extremely clean elastomer for use in non-direct food contact applications
- Smooth both sides is available on F-20 for Excellent Sealing attributes. Smooth one side / slight texture opposite side is the standard for F-12, however smooth both sides can be offered as a custom item
- Excellent compression set resistance
- Excellent resistance to ultraviolet light, ozone and extreme temperature ranges for long-term aging properties
- Weather, moisture, ozone, UV and fungus resistant – perfect gasketing material for outdoor applications
- (F-20) closed cell foam passes AMS 3195
- (F-20) is recognized to UL 50E, gasket and seals for electronic enclosures.
- Gasket seal for outdoor lighting
- Seat cushioning
- Medical equipment
- Electronic assembly
- Access panels seals for railcar applications
We provide our customers with everything from material sampling and product prototyping to full manufacturing, packaging, and delivery. We provide value to our customers by delivering exceptional customer service, engineering solutions, and quality products to meet their every need.
For more information, you can reach SRP at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-593-5630. Visit our dedicated foam materials page to learn more about the variety of foam we fabricate at our warehouse here in the USA. If you require any material samples or rapid prototyping in order to run product testing, let us know and we can work to streamline this part of the process.