PVC/Nitrile Sponge Gaskets for High-Performance Sealing Applications
SRP has been providing custom converted PVC/Nitrile Sponge products to various industries for many years. PVC/Nitrile Sponge gaskets can be manufactured and supplied in a variety of different shapes, sizes, and thicknesses. SRP can custom laminate tapes to PVC/Nitrile Sponge materials to create an adhesive backed component for a part that requires adhesion to various surfaces.
Closed Cell Sponge blends come in a variety of formulations. You can find the other formulations on our Closed Cell Sponge gaskets page. This particular formulations is a blend between PVC and Nitrile (Buna-N), making it very unique compared to other materials on the market.
What Do Each of These Polymers Have to Offer?
- PVC is engineered to provide a cost-effective solution to the most demanding sealing and cushioning requirements. It has good resistance to ozone, exhibits good resistance to solvents, and has good acoustic and sound insulation.
- Nitrile (Buna-N) is known for its performance in sealing applications due to the materials resistance to oil and gasoline, UV, solvents and acids, mineral and vegetable oils, hydraulic fluid, and fuels.
The combination of PVC/Nitrile brings versatility that can be used for a variety of applications in numerous industries.
The key benefits of PVC/Nitrile Sponge gaskets include:
- performance against heat loss
- superb thermal conductivity
- impermeable to water and air
- oil and weather resistant
- thermal and sound insulating
- vibration dampening
PVC/Nitrile Sponge Gaskets meet the following specifications:
- ASTM D 1056-68, 1056-85, 91, 98
- UL 94 HF-1, UL 94 VO
- and FMVSS-302
We provide application solutions for gasketing, cushioning, sealing, protecting, shielding and more! We can supply samples of materials and run quick prototyping if any material or part testing is required. Design assistance is also available to ensure the proper materials are being used per the application.
SRP: Building Relationships through Converting Solutions Since 1951
We provide value to our customers by delivering exceptional customer service, engineering solutions, and quality products to meet their every need. All PVC/Nitrile Sponge gaskets products can be supplied with Pressure Sensitive Adhesives. For more information regarding this material, visit our PVC/Nitrile Sponge materials page.