3M Automotive Foam Tape for Automobile Bonding and Sealing Solutions
When you need a versatile adhesive tape that protects against moisture, dust, noise, vibration, and impact, foam tape delivers. 3M Automotive Foam Tape provide solutions to applications such as sealing, cushioning, dampening sound, and absorbing vibration.
3M GT7100 Series
The Acrylic Foam Tape GT7100 Series is a 3M Automotive Foam Tape which is made by a special process, has a superior adhesion performance and high flexibility. This tape is specially designed for exterior and interior parts attachments of automobiles. GT7100 series provides an equivalent adhesion properties to conventional Acrylic Foam Tape and comparable initial adhesion performance at low ambient temperature with Hi-Tack Acrylic Foam Tape designed for an improvement of low temperature workability.
- GT7100 Product Features:
- Excellent adhesive performance at low temperatures in comparison with those of the conventional Acrylic Foam Tape.
- Follows the shrinkage and elongation of the plastic part caused by the temperature change, and has good stress relaxation properties which are very important for the automotive parts attachments.
- Has a high final adhesion and peel strength.
- Excels in a variety of weather, solvent and high temperature resistance.
3M EX4500 Series
3M™ Acrylic Plus Tape Series EX4500 is a series of deep black, double-coated acrylic foam tapes designed for the attachment of automotive exterior trim parts – without the use of adhesion promoter. 3M series EX4500 tapes offer an advanced adhesive system – on both sides of the product – that adheres well to traditional, medium surface energy, and scratch- and mar-resistant automotive paint and polymer systems. The initial product offering will be in the 45 mil (1.1 mm) caliper.
- EX4500 Product Features:
- Primerless adhesion capability – allowing for adhesion to medium surface energy plastics without the use of adhesion promoter.
- Excellent adhesion to traditional, low surface energy, and scratch and mar resistant automotive paints and medium surface energy plastics on both liner and non-liner sides of the product.
- Unique foam core that provides stress relaxation when high application loads are encountered, while maintaining tight bond-line aesthetics under normal conditions.
- Deep black color which provides excellent bond-line appearance
- Typical Applications:
- Bumper sensors
- Nested components
- Window visors
- and other aftermarket accessories
3M PT1000 Series
3M Acrylic Plus Tape Series PT1000 is a black, double-coated acrylic foam tape designed for the attachment of automotive exterior trim parts such as body side moldings and claddings.
PT1000 Product Features:
- High conformability
- Black, high-strength core with low elongation properties
- Cold temperature impact resistance
- Easy liner release
The highly conformable core, which improves adhesive wet out, combines with high performance adhesive systems to provide robust part adhesion to many challenging surfaces. The black color and low elongation properties improve the bond-line appearance of the attached part. Some typical applications for 3M Tape Series PT1000 include body side moldings, claddings, roof ditch moldings and wheel flares.
PT1100 Attachment Applications:
- Rocker panel
- Antenna housings
- Roof ditch moldings
- and wheel arch extensions
3M RT8000 Series
3M Acrylic Foam Tape RT8004US, RT8008US
3M Acrylic Foam Tape RT8004US and RT8008US are designed for the attachment of automotive exterior trim parts, such as body side moldings and spoilers. These tapes provide an engineered adhesive system that adheres well to traditional and advanced automotive paint systems.
3M Acrylic Foam Tape RT8012US
3M Acrylic Foam Tape RT8012US is designed for attaching auto trim and parts such as spoilers and claddings. This automotive OEM tape features a strong, conformable 1.2 mm viscoelastic acrylic foam core with acrylic adhesive on both sides. The adhesive is formulated for excellent adhesion to a complete range of paint systems including traditional and advanced paint systems. Specially designed for exterior and interior parts attachments of automobiles.
- RT8000 Series Applications:
- Body side moldings
- Roof ditch moldings
For more information regarding 3M™ Automotive Foam Tape, please do not hesitate to reach us at email@example.com, or call us at 847-593-5630. SRP has been providing custom converted 3M™ Automotive Foam Tape to the automotive industry for decades.