3M Foam Tapes – Single and Double Coated
3M Single Coated Foam Tapes
3M Foam Tapes provide roll-on protection against moisture, dust, noise, vibration and impact. 3M Single Coated Foam Tapes are strips of foam in a roll with high strength acrylic adhesive on one side of the foam. Cut to length, they seal, damp, insulate or cushion. For die-cut shapes, 3M Single Coated Foam Tape Series 4100, 4300, and 4700 is protected by a liner.
With 3M Single Coated Foam Tape Series 4500, the liner is on the non-adhesive side to minimize foam stretching while placing the gasket. Urethane foams seal, cushion, damp sound, and absorb vibration. Weather-resistant vinyl foams seal out light and dust when under compression and remain flexible even when exposed to variable temperatures and UV.
3M Single Coated Foam Tapes series includes: 4104, 4108, 4116, 4314, 4317, 4318, 4504, 4508, 4516, 4714, 4718 and 4726.
Common applications include:
- In a computer printer, 3M Urethane Foam Tape 4318 is a very soft, low density cushion that helps absorb impact and vibration.
- When compressed 50%, the open cell construction of 3M Urethane Foam Tape 4314 provides an air barrier and cushion in electronic equipment.
- To help prevent light leakage around a sign perimeter, 3M Vinyl Foam Tape 4726 attaches securely on contact.
- In outdoor mailboxes, strips of 3M Vinyl Foam Tape 4504 helps seal the inside from rain and dirt. Vinyl provides excellent aging characteristics and remains flexible.
3M Double Coated Foam Tapes
3M Double Coated Urethane Foam Tapes are conformable foams that offer high shear strength and are available with either a high temperature holding acrylic adhesive system or a rubber adhesive system for bonding to various types of surfaces for mounting, joining and holding.
3M Double Coated Foam Tapes Flexible Foam Carriers Fill Gaps and Help Bond Irregular Surfaces In bonding rough or irregular surfaces, 3M Double Coated Foam Tapes fill gaps and distribute stress uniformly over the bonded area.
- Bond line that seals, cushions and damps vibration
- Resists impact
- Withstands a wide temperature range to meet your application requirements
- Provides good insulating qualities
- Select from rubber or acrylic adhesive and a choice of different foam carriers: urethane, polyethylene or acrylic
- To replace screws and liquid adhesives, 3M Multipurpose Mounting Tape 4016 bonds immediately to many indoor surfaces, even permanently mounting a plastic soap dispenser to a mirror.
- 3M Double Coated Foam Tapes can be precisely die-cut and pre-applied to the back of any shape. Ready to mount to a variety of surfaces.
- To permanently mount to a textured wall, 3M Extra Thick Multipurpose Mounting Tape 4008 bonds on contact and fills gaps between the surfaces.
- 3M Double Coated Urethane Foam Tapes bond plastic signs to painted cinder block. The foam fills gaps between irregular surfaces. Various foam thicknesses are available for surface conformance based on the degree of roughness.
3M Double Coated Polyethylene Foam Tapes with high tack adhesive bond foam spacers between the planes of a 3-dimensional P.O.P. display. 3M Double Coated Foam Tapes series include: 4004, 4008, 4016, 4026, 4032, 4052, 4056, 4085, 4451, 4462, 4466, 4492, 4496 and 4658F.
For more information regarding 3M Foam Tapes, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 847-593-5630.