No matter what your taping situation is, there are 3M™ Specialty Tapes to help you conduct, reflect, protect, mark, mask, repel, color-code, cover, quiet and more.
To meet the challenges within the appliance, aerospace, automotive, construction, MRO, electronics, commercial, transportation and marine industries, 3M offers a comprehensive line of Specialty Tapes. Starting with the 3M™ Specialty Tapes Six (Foil Tape, Vinyl Tape, Glass Cloth Tape, Polyester Tape, PTFE Tape and UHMW Tape), 3M has an extensive portfolio of options for virtually every application. SRP can provide custom converted products using 3M™ Specialty Tapes.
3M™ Optically Clear Adhesives (OCA) are highly specialized optically clear free-film adhesives offering superior clarity and excellent adhesion to various types of transparent substrates. 3M OCAs are easy to convert and are contaminant-free, resulting in improved bubble resistance in laminations exposed to high temperature and high humidity. Common applications include displays, touch panels and others requiring an optically clear bond. 3M™ Optically Clear Adhesives series includes: 8211, 8212, 8213, 8214 and 8215.
- Light transmission >99% when corrected for reflection losses.
- Non-birefringent when removed from carrier film.
- High temperature, humidity, and UV resistance.
- Long term durability without yellowing, delaminating, or degrading.
- High cohesive and peel strength for reliably bonding most transparent substrates.
- 3M™ Optically Clear Adhesives 8211, 8212, 8213, 8214 and8215 are coated and converted in a clean room.
- Touchscreens- for bonding film and glass laminates.
- Avionics/military displays
- Transparent graphic overlays
- Optical management films for LCD
- Projection screens
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 3380 is a general purpose aluminum foil tape offering an annealed aluminum foil backing combined with an acrylic pressure sensitive
adhesive having an easy release PE coated Kraft liner.
- General purpose foil tape.
- Temperature use range from -30°F to +260°F (-34°C to +127°C).
- The low water vapor transmission rate makes these tapes a good sealant.
- Low flammability – 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 3380 is UL 723 (File R7311)approved.
- 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 3380 is US Coast Guard approved (CGA #164.112/63/0).
- Best adhesion results attained when applied to clean dry surfaces above 32°F (0°C).
- General use aluminum foil tape
- Light reflecting
- Heat shielding
- Moisture barrier
- Thermal conducting
3M™ Bumpon™ Resilient Rollstock Products are opaque, colored polyurethane materials produced with aggressive
pressure-sensitive adhesives. 3M™ Bumpon™ Protective Product Resilient Rollstock series includes: SJ5200, SJ5800, SJ5900, SJ6000 and SJ6200.
- Can be die cut to a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Excellent skid-resistance, high coefficient of friction.
- Excellent resistance to marring or staining.*
- Long aging resiliency – will not crack or harden.*
- Excellent cushioning properties.
- Excellent abrasion resistance.
- Vibration and shock dampening.
- Easy application – pressure-sensitive backing.
- Die cut into circles or squares for use as skid-resistant feet
- Die cut for gasket application.
- Skid-resistant surface on floor.
- Cushions or spacers within electronic devices.
- Selective masking for sandblast operation.
- Spacer or stop to prevent surface damage.
- Anti-rattle spacer to fill gaps, dampen noise and reduce vibration.
- Door kick pads.
- Corner protection strips.
- Roll covering for textile industry and other web feed machinery.
- Die cut cushioning stop for cabinetry (3M™ Bumpon™ Resilient Rollstock SJ5200 and SJ5900 Foam).
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners SJ3550, SJ3551 and SJ3552 consist of continuous strips of polyolefin stems with a mushroom shaped top protruding up from the backing. There are three types (170, 250 and 400) of these fasteners referring to the approximate number of stems per square inch. These fasteners have a 37 mil white conformable acrylic foam adhesive providing good contact with substrates having a slight texture or surface irregularities. The adhesive is
protected with a clear silicone treated liner allowing easy removal from the adhesive. 3M Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners series includes: SJ3551 (Type 400), SJ3552(Type 170) and SJ3550(Type 250).
- Solvent Resistance
- Plasticizer Resistance
- Flammability Resistance
- Environmental Effects
- Water (Humidity) Resistance
- Volatile Outgassing
- Washing and Dry Cleaning
A mineral-coated, slip-resistant material adhered by a durable resin to a pressure-sensitive adhesive backed plastic film. For light to heavy shoe-traffic areas. Highly durable surface withstands the rigors of equipment traffic. Available in black rolls and treads.
- For light to heavy shoe-traffic areas
- Mineral-coated, high friction slip-resistant surface
- Highly durable surface withstands the rigors of equipment traffic
- Low-profile design helps reduce trip hazard
- High performance pressure-sensitive adhesive for easy application
- Applications: flat surfaces, steps, stairways, entrances, ramps, ladders, lawn equipment, snowmobiles, scooters, construction machinery and vehicles
- NFSI High Traction Certification
3M™ Thermally Conductive Adhesive Transfer Tapes 8805, 8810, 8815 and 8820 are designed to provide a preferential heat-transfer path between heat-generating components and heat sinks or other cooling devices (e.g., fans, heat spreaders or heat pipes). These tapes are tacky pressure sensitive adhesives loaded with thermally conductive ceramic fillers that do not require a heat cure cycle to form an excellent bond to many substrates. Only pressure is needed to form an excellent bond and thermal interface.
- Conforms well to non-flat substrates, provide high adhesion, and act as a good thermal interface.
- Excellent thermal stability of the base polymer.
- Provided on a silicone treated polyester release liner for ease of handling and die cutting.
- Excellent adhesive performance with good wetting and flow onto many substrate surfaces.
- Offer both good thermal conductivity and good electrical insulation properties.
3M™ Polyimide Film Tape 5413 with DuPont™ Kapton® polyimide film and silicone adhesive used for PCB solder
masking and other high temperature applications. This 3M™ Specialty Tapes product is amber colored and 2.7 mil (69 microns) thick.
Features and Benefits
- The DuPont™ Kapton® polyimide film does not soften at elevated temperatures, thus the film provides anexcellent release surface at elevated temperatures
- Is dimensionally stable at high temperatures, which helps reduce rework, helping to enable high productivity
- Is flame retardant, chemical and radiation resistant which helps protect surfaces to help reduce replacement costs
- The silicone adhesive’s high temperature performance helps reduce adhesive transfer which helps to eliminatecleaning, enabling high productivity
- Polyethylene tape core instead of cardboard
For more information regarding 3M™ Specialty Tapes, do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com, or call us at 847-593-5630.