BISCO® BF-1000 – Extra Soft Cellular Silicone
Compressibility, softness, and durability allow BISCO® BF-1000 to adapt to various environments, making it an ideal choice for sealing outdoor enclosures, protecting electronics from shock and heat, and providing cushioning or vibration isolation for various applications.
Available Thickness: 0.125″ – 0.500″
Typical Density: 10 lb/ft³
CFD Range: 2.5 psi Max
Specifications: UL94 V-0 and HF-1, ASTM E 162, ASTM E 662, SMP-800C
Grade: Ultra-Soft Silicone Foam
Features and Benefits of BISCO® BF-1000
- Excellent memory and low stress relaxation reduces maintenance costs associated with gasket failures due to compression set and softening.
- Softness allows designers to use less force to seal enclosures and still protect their device from the environment.
- High compressibility allows the material to conform to variable width gaps and awkward shapes, thereby allowing engineers more design flexibility.
- Resistance to ultraviolet light, ozone, extreme temperatures, and flame enables consistent performance in all environments.
- Available through distribution sites throughout North America, Europe, and Asia.
- FDA compliant in accordance with FDA Regulation 21 CFR 177.2600. ǂ
- Environmental seals to protect against penetration of dust, moisture, air or light within outdoor enclosures such as lighting fixtures, HVAC units, and electronic cabinets
- Vibration isolation in electronic components and transportation vehicles
- Fire retardant thermal insulation
- Available with a pressure-sensitive adhesive on one or two sides to allow easy application to a variety of surfaces.
Application Bulletins and Articles
- Tips on Storage and Handling of BISCO Silicones (English; 83 KB)
- BISCO EN45545 Rail Solutions-Consolidated (English; 1 MB)
- Guía de selección de material de silicona (Español; 5 MB)
- BISCO Material Selection Guide (English; 5 MB)
- BISCO 材料选择指南 (中文; 3 MB)
- BISCO EN45545 Rail Solutions (English; 2 MB)This Guide provides technical and design content related to the newly adopted EN45545 European rail fire safety standard. The guide is designed to assist engineers and designers in determining the ideal material solution for rail interior applications including gaskets, sealing, gap-filler, sound barriers, insulation, floating floor isolation pads and seat cushion foams.
- BF-2000 Ultra Soft Cellular Silicone (English; 61 KB)
- Cellular Silicones Compression Force Deflection (CFD) Curves in PSI (English; 35 KB)
- Compression Modulus of Cellular Silicones (English; 37 KB)
SRP: A Rogers Corporation Preferred Converter
SRP is proud to be a Rogers Corporation Preferred Converter for their line of PORON® Polyurethane and BISCO® Silicone materials. We provide distribution and converting of these materials to various industries and customers around the world. Being a Preferred Converter for Rogers provides us access to all Rogers materials, with the added benefit of discounts and favorable lead times. SRP converts these materials in custom gaskets, seals, pads and stripping. All products can be laminated with a pressure sensitive adhesive.