BISCO® BF-2000 – Ultra Soft Silicone
BISCO® BF-2000 Ultra Soft is a highly compressible silicone foam. The combination of low weight and softness makes this flame retardant foam ideal for transportation, industrial, and electronics applications where low closure force and dust sealing are critical. BISCO Silicones are available in various thicknesses and manufactured in roll form to allow fabricators to easily convert the material to the proper dimensions.
Available Thickness: 0.0125″ – .500″
Typical Density: 10 lb/ft3
CFD Range: 2.5 psi Max
Specifications: UL94 V-0 and HF-1, ASTM E 162, ASTM E 662, SMP-800C
Grade: Ultra-Soft Silicone Foam
Features and Benefits
- Ultra low softness allows designers to use less force to seal enclosures and still protect their device from the environment.
- High compressibility allows material to conform to variable width gaps, thereby allowing more design flexibility.
- Excellent memory and low stress relaxation reduces maintenance costs associated with gasket failures due to compression set and softening.
- Resistance to ultraviolet light, ozone, extreme temperatures, and flame enables consistent performance in all environments.
- Available through distribution sites throughout North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Vibration isolation in electronic components and transportation vehicles
- Low closure force gaskets within portable electronics such as laptops and LCD screens within aircraft and rail interiors
- Fire retardant thermal insulation
- Available with a pressure-sensitive adhesive on one or two sides to allow easy application to a variety of surfaces.
Application Bulletins and Articles
- Tips on Storage and Handling of BISCO Silicones (English; 83 KB)
- BISCO EN45545 Rail Solutions-Consolidated (English; 1 MB)
- Guía de selección de material de silicona (Español; 5 MB)
- BISCO Material Selection Guide (English; 5 MB)
- BISCO 材料选择指南 (中文; 3 MB)
- BISCO EN45545 Rail Solutions (English; 2 MB)This Guide provides technical and design content related to the newly adopted EN45545 European rail fire safety standard. The guide is designed to assist engineers and designers in determining the ideal material solution for rail interior applications including gaskets, sealing, gap-filler, sound barriers, insulation, floating floor isolation pads and seat cushion foams.
- BF-2000 Ultra Soft Cellular Silicone (English; 61 KB)
- Cellular Silicones Compression Force Deflection (CFD) Curves in PSI (English; 35 KB)
- Compression Modulus of Cellular Silicones (English; 37 KB)
SRP: A Rogers Corporation Preferred Converter
SRP is proud to be a Rogers Corporation Preferred Converter for their line of PORON® Polyurethane and BISCO® Silicone materials. We provide distribution and converting of these materials to various industries and customers around the world. Being a Preferred Converter for Rogers provides us access to all Rogers materials, with the added benefit of discounts and favorable lead times. SRP converts these materials in custom gaskets, seals, pads and stripping. All products can be laminated with a pressure sensitive adhesive.