BISCO® HT-800 – Medium Cellular Silicone
BISCO® HT-800 is a highly versatile, medium firmness silicone that offers the lightness of a foam, with the enhanced sealing capabilities of a traditional sponge rubber. It is used to seal and protect various outdoor communication, electronics, and lighting enclosures, while providing protection against wind-driven rain and fire. The material is also used to reduce shock or isolate vibration.
Available Thickness: 0.031″ – 0.500″
Typical Density: 22 lb/ft³
CFD Range: 6 – 14 psi
Specifications: UL94 V-0 and HF-1, AMS 3195, ASTM E 162, ASTM E 662, SMP-800C
Grade: Medium Silicone Foam
Features and Benefits of BISCO® HT-800
- Excellent memory and low stress relaxation reduces maintenance costs associated with gasket failures due to compression set and softening.
- Resistance to ultraviolet light, ozone, extreme temperatures and flame enables consistent performance in all environments.
- Compact cell structure and unique formulation provides enhanced sealing performance to resist penetration of fine particles and wind-driven rain.
- FDA compliant in accordance with FDA Regulation 21 CFR 177.2600.
- Environmental seals to protect against penetration of dust, moisture, air, or light within outdoor enclosures such as lighting fixtures, HVAC units, and electronic cabinets
- Vibration isolators in electronic components and transportation vehicles
- Shock absorbing cushions and gaskets
- Available with a pressure-sensitive adhesive on one or two sides to allow easy application to a variety of surfaces.
Application Bulletins and Articles
- Tips on Storage and Handling of BISCO Silicones (English; 83 KB)
- BISCO EN45545 Rail Solutions-Consolidated (English; 1 MB)
- Guía de selección de material de silicona (Español; 5 MB)
- BISCO 材料选择指南 (中文; 3 MB)
- BISCO Material Selection Guide (English; 5 MB)
- BISCO EN45545 Rail Solutions (English; 2 MB)This Guide provides technical and design content related to the newly adopted EN45545 European rail fire safety standard. The guide is designed to assist engineers and designers in determining the ideal material solution for rail interior applications including gaskets, sealing, gap-filler, sound barriers, insulation, floating floor isolation pads and seat cushion foams.
- BISCO Silicones Chemical Resistance Guide (English; 69 KB)
- Cellular Silicones Compression Force Deflection (CFD) Curves in PSI (English; 35 KB)
- Compression Modulus of Cellular Silicones (English; 37 KB)
- Nomenclature for BISCO Silicones with Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (English; 36 KB)
SRP: A Rogers Corporation Preferred Converter
SRP is proud to be a Rogers Corporation Preferred Converter for their line of PORON® Polyurethane and BISCO® Silicone materials. We provide distribution and converting of these materials to various industries and customers around the world. Being a Preferred Converter for Rogers provides us access to all Rogers materials, with the added benefit of discounts and favorable lead times. SRP converts these materials in custom gaskets, seals, pads and stripping. All products can be laminated with a pressure sensitive adhesive.