BISCO® HT-840 – Extra Firm Cellular Silicone For Custom Gaskets and Seals
BISCO® HT-840 is an extra-firm grade silicone foam that offers improved durability and sealing. It is used to seal and protect various outdoor communication, lighting, and electronic enclosures from small dust particles, wind driven rain, and fire. It offers a higher tear and tensile strength than our lighter grade foams. BISCO® Silicones are available in various thicknesses and manufactured in roll form to allow fabricators to easily convert the material to the proper dimensions.
|Available Thickness||0.063″ – .250″|
|Typical Density||28 lb/ft3|
|CFD Range||16-26 psi|
|Specifications||UL94 V-0 and HF-1|
|Grade||Extra-Firm Silicone Foam|
Features and Benefits of BISCO® HT-840
- Excellent memory and low stress relaxation reduces maintenance costs associated with gasket failures due to compression set and softening.
- Resistance to ultraviolet light, ozone, extreme temperatures, and flame enables consistent performance in all environments. Compact cell structure provides improved sealing performance.
- Available through distribution sites throughout North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Environmental seals to protect against penetration of dust, moisture, air, or light within outdoor enclosures such as lighting fixtures, HVAC units, and electronic cabinets
- Enclosures requiring a more durable, high closure force gasket.
- Press pads requiring greater conformability and even pressure distribution at high temperatures
- Available with a pressure-sensitive adhesive on one or two sides to allow easy application to a variety of surfaces.
Application Bulletins and Articles
- Tips on Storage and Handling of BISCO Silicones (English; 83 KB)
- BISCO EN45545 Rail Solutions-Consolidated (English; 1 MB)
- Guía de selección de material de silicona (Español; 5 MB)
- BISCO 材料选择指南 (中文; 3 MB)
- BISCO Material Selection Guide (English; 5 MB)
- BISCO EN45545 Rail Solutions (English; 2 MB)This Guide provides technical and design content related to the newly adopted EN45545 European rail fire safety standard. The guide is designed to assist engineers and designers in determining the ideal material solution for rail interior applications including gaskets, sealing, gap-filler, sound barriers, insulation, floating floor isolation pads and seat cushion foams.
- BISCO Silicones Chemical Resistance Guide (English; 69 KB)
- Cellular Silicones Compression Force Deflection (CFD) Curves in PSI (English; 35 KB)
- Compression Modulus of Cellular Silicones (English; 37 KB)
- Nomenclature for BISCO Silicones with Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (English; 36 KB)
SRP: A Rogers Corporation Preferred Converter
SRP is proud to be a Rogers Corporation Preferred Converter for their line of PORON® Polyurethane and BISCO® Silicone materials. We provide distribution and converting of these materials to various industries and customers around the world. Being a Preferred Converter for Rogers provides us access to all Rogers materials, with the added benefit of discounts and favorable lead times. SRP converts these materials in custom gaskets, seals, pads and stripping. All products can be laminated with a pressure sensitive adhesive.