BISCO® HT-870 – Soft Cellular Silicone For Custom Gaskets and Seals
Compressibility, softness, and durability allow BISCO® HT-870 to adapt to various environments, making it an ideal choice for sealing outdoor enclosures, protecting electronics from shock and heat, and providing cushioning or vibration isolation for various applications. BISCO® Silicones are available in various thicknesses and manufactured in roll form to allow fabricators to easily convert the material to the proper dimensions.
|Available Thickness||0.063″ – .500″|
|Typical Density||15 lb/ft3|
|CFD Range||2-7 psi|
|Specifications||UL94 V-0 and HF-1|
|Grade||Soft Silicone Foam|
Features and Benefits of BISCO® HT-870
- Excellent memory and low stress relaxation reduces maintenance costs associated with gasket failures due to compression set and softening.
- Softness allows designers to use less force to seal enclosures and still protect their device from the environment.
- High compressibility allows material to conform to variable width gaps and awkward shapes, thereby allowing engineers more design flexibility.
- Resistance to ultraviolet light, ozone, extreme temperatures, and flame enables consistent performance in all environments.
- Available through distribution sites throughout North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Environmental seals to protect against penetration of dust, moisture, air, or light within outdoor enclosures such as lighting fixtures, HVAC units, and electronic cabinets
- Shock absorbing cushions and gaskets within automobiles and appliances
- Available with a pressure sensitive-adhesive on one or two sides to allow easy application to a variety of surfaces.
Application Bulletins and Articles
- Tips on Storage and Handling of BISCO Silicones (English; 83 KB)
- BISCO EN45545 Rail Solutions-Consolidated (English; 1 MB)
- Guía de selección de material de silicona (Español; 5 MB)
- BISCO 材料选择指南 (中文; 3 MB)
- BISCO Material Selection Guide (English; 5 MB)
- BISCO EN45545 Rail Solutions (English; 2 MB)This Guide provides technical and design content related to the newly adopted EN45545 European rail fire safety standard. The guide is designed to assist engineers and designers in determining the ideal material solution for rail interior applications including gaskets, sealing, gap-filler, sound barriers, insulation, floating floor isolation pads and seat cushion foams.
- BISCO Silicones Chemical Resistance Guide (English; 69 KB)
- Cellular Silicones Compression Force Deflection (CFD) Curves in PSI (English; 35 KB)
- Compression Modulus of Cellular Silicones (English; 37 KB)
- Nomenclature for BISCO Silicones with Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (English; 36 KB)
SRP: A Rogers Corporation Preferred Converter
SRP is proud to be a Rogers Corporation Preferred Converter for their line of PORON® Polyurethane and BISCO® Silicone materials. We provide distribution and converting of these materials to various industries and customers around the world. Being a Preferred Converter for Rogers provides us access to all Rogers materials, with the added benefit of discounts and favorable lead times. SRP converts these materials in custom gaskets, seals, pads and stripping. All products can be laminated with a pressure sensitive adhesive.