PORON® ShockSeal™ 4790-79 Foams For Custom Gaskets In Handheld Devices
PORON® ShockSeal™ foams are a trusted solution in sensitive handheld devices, and are now available to the general industrial markets as well. This thick grade material is ideal for applications which require gaskets, cushions, spacers or springs. ShockSeal™ materials perform best in environments where impact protection, long-term reliability, and high compression set resistance is a must.
Handheld Grade PORON® ShockSeal™ Foam
- As the demand for thinner, larger and more expensive LCD displays continues to grow, designers and manufacturers face new challenges with these increasingly complex technologies.
- PORON® ShockSeal™ foams are specifically engineered to meet the challenging cushioning, sealing and protection requirements that larger displays demand.
- Handheld Grade ShockSeal™ foam is available as thin as 0.5 mm, and conveniently conforms to some of the smallest and most intricate manufacturing designs.
- Handheld Grade PORON® ShockSeal™ foam reduces impact force by up to four times that of competitive material and is almost twice as effective as PORON® 92-12039 foam. In addition, the PORON® ShockSeal™ materials absorb as much or more energy when compared to higher density materials.
- When high compressibility, excellent impact protection and extreme performance is in demand, designers and engineers turn to ShockSeal™ materials for all of their handheld electronics needs.
Industrial Grade PORON® ShockSeal™ Foam
- Industrial grade PORON® ShockSeal™ foam (1.57 mm – 12.7 mm thick) is still the undisputed champ of impact force mitigation!
- When comparing a handful of competitive foams to a 30 cm drop, Industrial Grade ShockSeal™ materials reduce the impact better than any of the rest.
- Additionally, industrial grades of ShockSeal™ materials are recognized by UL Gasketing and Sealing (UL50E/UL508) and Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards 302 (FMVSS 302) specifications. For additional information, please see the ShockSeal™ material data sheets.
ASTM Data Sheets
- 通用工业级别ShockSeal™ (4790-79)数据表 (中文; 121 KB)
- 手持设备级别ShockSeal™ (4790-79)数据表 (中文; 216 KB)
- PORON® ShockSeal™ 4790-79 (09, 12 density) Data Sheet – Handheld Grades (English; 66 KB)
- PORON® ShockSeal™ 4790-79 (12,15, 20 density) Data Sheet – Industrial Grades (English; 67 KB)
Global Standards Data Sheets
- PORON® 4790-79 ShockSeal Global Standards Data Sheet (English; 53 KB)
- General Industrial Grade ShockSeal™ (4790-79) Sell Sheet (English; 73 KB)
- 通用工业级别ShockSeal™ (4790-79)销售资料表 (中文; 179 KB)
- 手持设备级别ShockSeal™ (4790-79)销售资料表 (中文; 233 KB)
- Handheld Grade PORON® ShockSeal™ (4790-79) Sell Sheet (English; 68 KB)
Why Choose SRP for Custom Rogers PORON® Polyurethane products?
Since 1951, SRP has served a number of industries. We supply gaskets, heat shields, insulators, isolators, and other related products to electronics, defense, energy, medical, transportation, microelectronics, and other industries. In addition to Rogers PORON® microcellular polyurethanes, we also supply Rogers BISCO® silicones. Both materials can be laminated with pressure sensitive adhesive for custom gasketing and sealing options for a wide array of industries. SRP is also a Preferred Convertor for Rogers’s materials. Do you have questions about PORON®? Feel free to contact us.